In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapel Haddlesey like this:
CHAPEL-HADDLESEY, a township-chapelry in Birkin parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Aire, 4½ miles SSW of Selby r. station. Acres, 1,000. Real property, £1,893. Pop., 210. Houses, 47. A three-arched iron bridge here spans the Aire. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Birkin, in the diocese of York. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chapel Haddlesey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Selby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chapel Haddlesey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapel Haddlesey, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chapel Haddlesey".