In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Laughton like this:
LAUGHTON, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; 1½ mile SSE of Falkingham, and 6½ NNE of Edenham r. station. Post-town, Falkingham. Acres, 1,136. Real property, £1,609. Pop., 71. Houses, 15. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Falkingham, in the diocese of Lincoln. There is no church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Laughton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lincoln. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Laughton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laughton, in Lincoln and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Laughton".