In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langton By Wragby like this:
LANGTON-BY-WRAGBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 1 mile SE of Wragby, and 7 NNE of Bardney r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Langton, under Wragby. Acres, 2,249. Real property, £2,437. Pop., 321. Houses, 59. The property is divided among five. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £319. Patron, alternately Earl Manvers and C. Turnor, Esq. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1866. There is a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langton By Wragby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langton By Wragby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langton by Wragby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langton By Wragby".