In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langton like this:
LANGTON-NEAR-HORNCASTLE, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 2 miles SW of Horncastle r. station. Post-town, Horncastle. Acres, 980. Real property, £1,372. Pop., 226. Houses, 52. The manor belongs to the Crown. A tower, built by Lord-Treasurer Cromwell, 60 feet high, and containing a spiral staircase of brick, stands solitarily on a moor within the neighbouring parish of Martin. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £184.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church has a bell-turret, and is good. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and two alms-houses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langton".