In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langtoft like this:
LANGTOFT, a village and a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln. The village stands near Car-dyke, 2 miles NW by N of Market-Deeping, and 3 E of Tallington r. station; and is well built. The post-town is Market-Deeping. The parish comprises 2,520 acres. Real property, £4,900. Pop., 7 46. Houses, 167. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Aveland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300. * Patron, Lord Aveland. The church is ancient; was recently restored; has a tower and fine spire; and contains two ancient monuments of the Hydes. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a Church of England school, and charities £16.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langtoft has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langtoft and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langtoft, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langtoft".