In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dulverton like this:
DULVERTON, a small town, a parish, and a sub-district in the district of Tiverton and county of Somerset. The town stands on the river Barle, amid an amphitheatre of wooded hills, adjacent to Exmoor, 10 miles W of Wiveliscombe, and 12 NNW of Tiverton r. station. It consists chiefly of two neat streets; has a post office‡ under Tiverton, three good inns, a five-arched bridge, a parish church, a dissenting chapel, a school with £29 from endowment, and other charities with £28; carries on manufactures in silks and woollens; has markets on Saturdays, and fairs on 10 July and 8 Nov.; and is a seat of sessions, and a polling place. ...
The church is early English, with an embattled tower and a corner turret; was restored in 1853; and contains monuments of the Svdenhams. The parish comprises 8, 337 acres. Real property, £7, 653. Pop., 1, 552. Houses, 301. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged to the West Saxon kings; was given, by Edward I., to the Pynes; and passed to the Babbingtons and the Sydenhams. The scenery is highly picturesque; and an open spot, called Mount Sydenham, in a wood above the town, commands a very magnificent view. The hills and heaths are much frequented by sportsmen; and serve as meets for the Dulverton harriers, the Tiverton hounds, and the Devon and Somerset hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £322.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells.The sub-district contains eleven parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 73, 727. Pop., 6, 051. Houses, 1, 158.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dulverton in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dulverton ".