In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knaith like this:
KNAITH, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln: adjacent to the river Trent at the boundary with Notts, and near the Lincoln and Gainsborough railway, 3 miles S by E of Gainsborough. Post town, Gainsborough. Acres, 1, 640. Real property, £2, 197. Pop., 105. Houses, 19. The manor belonged formerly to the Darcys and the Willoughbys; and belongs now to W. Hatton, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £40. Patron, W. Hatton, Esq. The church belonged to the Cistertian nunnery of Heyninges; is in the decorated English style; and has two windows ornamented with rich tracery.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Knaith has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Knaith and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knaith, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Knaith".