In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirton like this:
KIRTON, a village, a parish, a sub-district, and a wapentake in the parts of Holland, Lincoln. The village stands near the Peterborough and Boston railway, 4 miles SSW of Boston; is a large place; was once a market town; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Boston.The parish contains also Kirton-Fen, and the township of Brothertoft. ...
Acres, 5, 820. Real property, £22, 177. Pop., 2, 255. Houses, 484. The property is much subdivided. Kirton House is the seat of S. Smeeton, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £304. * Patrons, the Mercers' Company, London. The church was founded, in 1311, by Alexander de Blois; was a superb cruciform structnre, in decorated English; became much dilapidated toward the end of last century; was shorn of its transepts, and its Lady chapel in 1809; was, at the same time, partially rebuilt on a smaller scale; has a fine early English W arch, and a later English clerestory of twelve three light windows on each side; and contains an octagonal font of 1405. The donative of Brotherstoft is a separate benefice. There are chapels for Independents and Methodists, a free grammar school, alms houses, and some other charities. The grammar school was originally a free school, founded and endowed in 1624 by Sir Thomas Middlecott; and was recently remodelled and rebuilt.The sub-district includes only 4, 920 acres of the parish, but contains two other parishes, parts of three more, and an extra-parochial tract; and is in the district of Boston. Acres, 31, 412. Pop., 5, 028. Houses, 1, 085.-The wapen take comprises sixteen parishes and part of another. Acres, 74, 892. Pop. in 1851, 16, 770: in 1861, 18, 938. Houses, 4, 075.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirton, in Boston and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kirton ".