In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thundridge like this:
THUNDRIDGE, a parish in Ware district, Herts; 2¼ miles N by E of Ware r. station. It contains Wades-Mill village, which has a post-office under Ware. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £3,956. Pop., 489. Houses, 91. The manor belongs to W. G. Puller, Esq. Poles is the seat of R. Hanbury, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £150.* Patron, R. Hanbury, Esq. The church was built in 1853. There are a free school, and charities £45.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thundridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hertfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thundridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thundridge in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 14th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thundridge".