In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirkby Green like this:
KIRKBY-GREEN, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 7 miles W SW of Kirkstead r. station, and 8 N by E of Sleaford. Post town, Scopwick, under Sleaford. Acres, 437. Real property, £1, 764. Pop., 175. Houses, . 27. The manor belongs to H. Chaplin, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £180. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was. rebuilt in 1848. There is a United Free Methodist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kirkby Green has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kirkby Green and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirkby Green, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kirkby Green".