In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ditcheat like this:
DITCHEAT, a tything and a parish in Shepton-Mallet district, Somerset. The tything lies on the Fosse way, near the river Brue, 2 miles NNW of Castle-Cary r. station, and 5 S by E of Shepton-Mallet; and has a post office under Bath. Real property, £6, 299. The parish includes also the tythings of Allhampton and Lottisham, and the hamlet of Wraxhall. ...
Acres, 4, 511 . Real property, £11, 084. Pop., 1, 218. Houses, 273. The property is much subdivided. Ditcheat House is the seat of M. Hayward, Esq. Some of the people are employed in silk mills. A farmer here, in the latter part of last century, born without arms, performed nearly all kinds of work with his feet which other men do with their hands. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £775.* Patron, the Rev. W. Leir. The church is early English; and consists of nave, aisles, and transept, with porch and tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ditcheat, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ditcheat ".