In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glass Houghton like this:
HOUGHTON-GLASS, a township in Castleford parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles NW of Pontefract. Acres, 1, 500. Real property, £2, 372; of which £15 are in mines, and £160 in quarries. Pop., 489. Houses, 113. Excellent limestone is here; also an excellent bed of sand, much used by glass makers and iron founders. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a Church of England preaching house and school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Glass Houghton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wakefield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Glass Houghton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glass Houghton, in Wakefield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Glass Houghton".