In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dinnington like this:
DINNINGTON, a parish in Chard district, Somerset; near the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 3 miles NW by W of Crewkerne. Post town, Seavington, under Ilminster. Acres, 514. Real property, £1, 447. Pop., 146. Houses, 36. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Seavington-St. Michael, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. A new church, on the site of the old one, and in the later English style, was founded in the autumn of 1863.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dinnington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dinnington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dinnington in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dinnington".