In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Curry Mallet like this:
CURRY-MALLET, a village and a parish in Langport district, Somerset. The village stands adjacent to the Chard canal, 3½ miles ENE of the Chard and Taunton railway, and 4½ NNW of Ilminster; and was once a market-town. The parish comprises 1, 650 acres; and its post town is Isle-Abbots, under Taunton. Real property, £3, 444. Pop., 549. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Mallets and the Pointzes; and belongs now to the duchy of Cornwall. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Curland, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £392. Patron, Prince of Wales. The church is later English; consists of nave, transept, and chancel, with porch and tower; and is good. There is a Baptist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Curry Mallet has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Curry Mallet and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Curry Mallet in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Curry Mallet".