In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Curland like this:
CURLAND, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; adjacent to the Chard and Taunton railway, 5¼ miles NNW of Chard. Post town, Staple-Fitzpaine, under Taunton. Acres, 777. Real property, £815. Pop., 247. Houses, 50. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Curry-Mallet, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church was recently restored.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Curland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Curland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Curland, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Curland".