In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cudworth like this:
CUDWORTH, a parish in Chard district, Somerset; 3 miles SSE of Ilminster r. station, and 3½ ENE of Chard. Post town, Crick-Malherbie, under Chard. Acres, 1, 077. Real property, £1, 486. Pop., 151. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £50. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cudworth in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cudworth ".