In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cricket St Thomas like this:
CRICKET-ST. THOMAS, a parish in Chard district, Somerset; near the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 4¼ miles W by S of Crewkerne. Post town, Winsham, under Chard. Acres, 875. Real property, £1, 49 7. Pop., 66. Houses, 16. The property is all in one estate. Cricket Lodge, rebuilt about 1799, and situated in a romantic dell, is the seat of Lord Bridport. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £106.* Patron, Lord Bridport. The church consists of nave, chancel, and central aisle, with a tower; has monuments to the first Lord Bridport and to Earl Nelson; and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cricket St Thomas has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cricket St Thomas and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cricket St Thomas in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cricket St Thomas".