In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keadby like this:
KEADBY, a village and a township in Althorpe parish, Lincoln. The village stands on the river Trent, at the end of the Stainforth and Keadby canal, and at the terminus of the Thorne and Keadby branch of the South Yorkshire railway, 4 miles E by S-of Crowle; and has a railway station with telegraph, and chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. The township comprises 1, 047 acres. Real property, £3, 444; of which £155 are in the canal. Pop., 551. Houses, 80.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Keadby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Keadby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keadby in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Keadby".