In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hundleby like this:
HUNDLEBY, a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands 1 mile WN W of Spilsby r. station, and 4½ NW of Firsby; and is a pleasant place.The parish includes Twentylands, 1 mile S of the village; and has 243 acres of allotment in the West Fen. Total acres, 1, 228. Post town, Spilsby. Real property, £3, 060. Pop., 704. Houses, 126. The property is divided among four. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Va1ne, £118. Patron, Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The church was rebuilt in 1855; is in the later English style; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower; and has a handsome stone pulpit. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £12. The Spilsby workhouse also is here; and, at the census of 1861, had 141 inmates.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hundleby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hundleby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hundleby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hundleby".