In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Combe Hay like this:
COMBE-HAY, or Combhay, a parish in Bath district, Somerset; on the Fosse way and the Radford canal, 3½ miles SSW of Bath. Post town, Wellow, under Bath. Acres, 1, 091. Real property, 1, 547. Pop., 245. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. Combe-Hay Park is the seat of the Hon. H. H. Tracey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £307.* Patron, the Hon. H. H. Tracey. The church is good; and the churchyard contains the grave of the poet Carrington, author of "Dartmoor. " Charities, £7.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Combe Hay has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Combe Hay and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Combe Hay in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Combe Hay".