In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horsington like this:
HORSINGTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3½ miles NE of Stixwould r. station, and 4 W of Horncastle. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 1, 700. Real property, £2, 833. Pop., 418. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450.* Patron, Magdalene College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1860; is in the early English style; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents, and Wesleyans, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Horsington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Horsington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horsington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Horsington".