In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described English Combe like this:
COMBE-ENGLISH, or Inglishcombe, a parish in Bath district, Somerset; on the Wans dyke, adjacent to the Great Western railway, near Twerton station, 2 ½ miles SW of Bath. Post town, Twerton, under Bath. Acres, 1,852. Real property, £2, 810. Pop., 559. Houses, 110. The livingg is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £185.* Patron, not reported.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing English Combe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering English Combe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of English Combe in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "English Combe".