In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Helpringham like this:
HELPRINGHAM, a village and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The village stands on the Car-Dyke navigation, 2½ miles S of Heckington r. station, and 6 SE of Sleaford; and has a post office under Sleaford, and a police station. The parish includes also the hamlet of Thorpe-Latimer, and comprises 2, 600 acres. Real property, £6, 853. Pop. in 1851, 829; in 1861, 912. Houses, 203. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby de Broke. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200.* Patron, the Rev. F. Latham. The church is decorated English, in good condition; consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and S porch, with lofty tower and spire; and contains a carved screen, three sedilia, and a piscina. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Methodists, and charities £42.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Helpringham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Helpringham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Helpringham, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Helpringham".