In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haugh like this:
HAUGH, an extra-parochial tract, but in some respects a parish, in Louth district, Lincoln; 2½ miles W by S of Alford r. station. Post town, Alford. Acres, 640. Real property, £672. Pop., 17. Houses, 2. One of the houses is a spacions red brick edifice, of the time of Henry VII.; was long the seat of the Haugh family, afterwards the seat of the Bolles; and is now a farmhouse. The living is a vicarage in tlie diocese of Lincoln. Value, £72. Patrons, Misses Horsefall. Tha church contains several ancient monuineuts.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Haugh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Haugh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haugh, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Haugh".