In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatcliffe like this:
HATCLIFFE, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 4½ miles WSW of Waltham r. station, and 7 SW of Great Grimsby. It includes Gonerby hamlet; and its post town is Waltliam, under Grimsby. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £2, 313. Pop., 159. Houses, 35. The propertyis divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. Sowerby and J. Coates, Esqrs. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of West Raveudale, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £353.* Patron, Southwell Collegiate Church. The church is plain but ery good, and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hatcliffe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hatcliffe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatcliffe in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hatcliffe".