Place:


Hannah  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hannah like this:

HANNAH, or HANNAY, a parish in Louth district. Lincoln; 2½ miles from the coast, and 4 NE of Alford r. station. It contains the hamlet of Hagnaby; and its post town is Alford. Acres, 1, 010. Real property, £1, 530. Pop., 140. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to Thomas Alcock, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £96. Patron, J. Grant, Esq. The church stands on an eminence.

Hannah through time

Hannah is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hannah itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hannah, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12516

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hannah ".