In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hameringham like this:
HAMERINGHAM, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3½ miles ESE of Horncastle r. station. Posttown, Horncastle. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £1, 657. Pop., 188. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Coltmans. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Scrayfield, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £430.* Patrons, the Executors of the late Mr. Justice Coltman. The church is old but pretty good; and has a curious and very ancient font. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hameringham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hameringham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hameringham, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hameringham".