In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burnett like this:
BURNETT, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; on the river Chew, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 2 miles SE of Keynsham. Post Town, Keynsham, under Bristol. Acres, 608. Real property, £1,339. Pop., 98. Houses, 16. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £125. Patron, the Rev. J. B. Doveton. The church has a brass of 1575, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burnett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burnett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burnett in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burnett".