In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brympton like this:
BRIMPTON, a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; adjacent to the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 2 miles W by S of Yeovil. It includes the hamlets of Alvington and Houndstone; and its Post Town is Yeovil. Acres, 465. Real property, with Hestcombe, £3,014. Pop., 135. Houses, 24. The property is much subdivided. The manor once belonged to the Sydenhams; and Brimpton House now belongs to the Earl of Westmoreland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £170.* Patron, Mrs. E. Morris. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brympton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brympton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brympton in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brympton".