In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Habrough like this:
HABROUGH, or HABURGH, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village occupies the site of a Roman settlement, adjacent to the Ulceby and Grimsby railway, 8 miles WNW of Great Grimsby; is irregularly built; and has a station on the railway. The parish extends to the Humber; and comprises 1, 570 acres of land, and 1, 180 of water. Post town, Ulceby. Real property, £3, 134. Pop., 364. Houses, 84. The manor belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Killingholme, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is a neat structure with a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Habrough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Habrough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Habrough in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Habrough".