In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bedworth like this:
BEDWORTH, a town and a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick. The town stands adjacent to the Coventry canal and the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 3½ miles S of Nuneaton; and has a station on the railway, a post office‡ under Nuneaton, and two chief inns. It carries on a manufacture of gauze ribbons, and a large trade in coals, lime, and bricks; and has a fair on Whit wednesday. Pop., 3,968. Houses, 888.The parish comprises 2,157 acres. Real property, £15,345; of which £2,700 are in mines. ...
Pop., 5,656. Houses, 1,239. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £562.* Patron, the Lord of the Manor. The church is a modern edifice with square embattled tower; and was enlarged in 1850. There are three dissenting chapels, two free schools, and very extensive alms-houses; the last in the form of three sides of a cloistered quadrangle, in later Gothic, built in 1840, at a cost of £8,500. The almshouses have £1,176 of income, and other charities £20.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bedworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Nuneaton and Bedworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bedworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bedworth, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bedworth".