In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Brewham like this:
BREWHAM (South), a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset: on the Wilts and Somerset railway; 2½ miles NE by N of Bruton. It has a post office under Bath. Acres, 2,671. Real property, with North Brewham and Eastrip, £6,394. Pop., 519. Houses, 121. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, with North Brewham, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £102. Patron, Sir H. Hoare, Bart. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Brewham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Brewham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Brewham in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Brewham".