In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Berrow like this:
BERROW, a parish in Axbridge district, Somerset; on a bay of its own name, on Bristol channel, 4 miles NNW of Highbridge r. station, and 9½ WSW of Axbridge. Post Town, Burnham, under Bridgewater. Acres, 6,563; of which 4,410 are water. Real property, with Breane, £7,994. Pop., 489. Houses, 112. The property is divided among a few. A great extent of sand, called Berrow flat, is alternately covered and abandoned by the tide; and this forms most of Berrow bay, which is simply an open narrow belt, extending 8 miles northward from the mouths of the Parret and the Brue. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £186.* Patron, the Archdeacon of Wells. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Berrow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Berrow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Berrow, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Berrow".