In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bawdrip like this:
BAWDRIP, a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; 3 miles NE of Bridgewater r. station. It has a post office under Bridgewater. Acres, 1,889. Real property, £5,001. Pop., 472. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of bath and Wells. Value, £360.* Patron, E. Page, Esq. The church is ancient and cruciform. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels, and charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bawdrip has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bawdrip and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bawdrip, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bawdrip".