In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bathampton like this:
BATHAMPTON, a parish in Bath district, Somerset; on the river Avon and the Great Western railway, 1½ mile NE of Bath. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Bath. Acres, 931. Real property, £3,526. Pop., 382. Houses, 71. The property is not much divided. A series of suburban villas extends onwards to Bath. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value and patron, not reported. The church is perpendicular English; has a fine west door; contains effigies of a knight and his lady of the time of Edward III.; and was repaired in 1858.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bathampton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bathampton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bathampton in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bathampton".