In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:
WESTON, a village and a parish in Bath district, Somerset. The village stands 2 miles NW of Bath r. station; and has a post-office under Bath, a courthouse, a police station, and a fair on 10 Aug. The parish comprises 2,650 acres. Real property, £20,862; of which £4,473 are in gasworks. Pop., 3,127. Houses, 610. The property is much subdivided. There are numerous villas. Lansdown hill, noticed in our article on Bath, is here. Building-stone and blue lias abound; and the latter is calcined into lime. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £468.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built in 1832, and is in the later English style. A chapel of ease, called St. John's, was built in 1838. There are three dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston".