In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton St David like this:
BARTON-ST.-DAVID, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Brue, 4 miles NE of Somerton, and 6 SE of Glastonbury r. station. Post Town, Somerton, under Taunton. Acres, 945. Real property, £2,002. Pop., 404. Houses, 88. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £60.* Patron, the Rev. Mr. Garrett. The church was restored in 1858. There is an Independent chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barton St David has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barton St David and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton St David in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barton St David".