In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Barrow like this:
BARROW (South), a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; adjacent to the Wilts and Somerset railway, 4 miles SW of Castle-Cary. Post Town, Castle-Cary, under Bath. Acres, 752. Real property, with North Barrow, £2,481. Pop., 140. Houses, 29. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £80. Patron, Mrs. Toogood. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Barrow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Barrow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Barrow in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Barrow".