In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Duffield like this:
DUFFIELD (North), a township in Skipwith parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the river Derwent, adjacent to the Selby and Market-Weighton railway, 5½ miles NE of Selby. It has a fair on May 4, and a Primitive Methodist chapel; and it had formerly a castle, the residence of Lord Hussey. Acres, 3, 220. Real property, £5, 209: of which £100 are in quarries. Pop., 470. Houses, 96.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Duffield has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Selby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Duffield and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Duffield, in Selby and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Duffield".