In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ansford like this:
ALMSFORD, or Ansford, a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; adjacent to Castlecary, the river Brue, and the East Somerset railway. Post Town, Castlecary. Acres, 844. Real property, returned with contiguous parishes. Rated property, £1,828. Pop., 306. Houses, 69. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £297.* Patron, F. Woodford, Esq. The church was restored in 1861, at a cost of about £1,000.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ansford in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ansford ".