In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coniston Cold like this:
CONISTON-COLD, a township in Gargrave parish, and a chapelry in Gargrave and Kirkby-in-Malhamdale parishes, W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Aire, the Leeds and Liverpool canal, and the Bradford, Skipton, and Colne railway, 2 miles WNW of Gargrave r. station, and 6 WNW of Skipton. ...
It includes the hamlet of Bell-Busk; and has a post office under Skipton. Acres, 1, 282. Real property, £1, 768. Pop., 238. Houses, 47. The chapelry was constituted in 1847. Rated property, £1, 832. Pop., 265. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Ripon. Value, £90.* Patron, P. Garforth, Esq. The church is modern; and there are charities £22.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coniston Cold, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coniston Cold ".