In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Wishford like this:
WISHFORD (Great), a parish, with a village, in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, and on the Salisbury railway, 2½ miles NNW of Wilton. It has a post-office under Salisbury, and a r. station. Acres, 1,610. Rated property, £2,166. Pop., 381. Houses, 88. The manor belongs to the Earl of Pembroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £342.* Patron, the Earl of Pembroke. The church was enlarged in 1829, and restored in 1864. There are an endowed school with £63 a year, alms houses with £79, and other charities £32.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Wishford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Wishford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Wishford, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Wishford".