Place:


Winterbourne Earls  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winterbourne Earls like this:

WINTERBOURNE-EARLS, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 2 miles SSW of Porton r. station, and 3½ NNE of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,663. Real property, with W.-Dantsey, £3,268. Pop., 276. Houses, 60. There are two manors. The living is a vicarage, annexed to W.-Dantsey. The church was rebuilt in 1868. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Winterbourne Earls through time

Winterbourne Earls is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winterbourne Earls itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winterbourne Earls, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12161

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winterbourne Earls ".