In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Manningford Bruce like this:
MANNINGFORD-BRUCE, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, and on the Berks and Hants railway, 2½ miles SW of Pewsey r. station. It has a post office under Marlborough. Acres, 1,088. Real property, £1,831. Pop., 252. Houses, 65. The property is chiefly in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £310. * Patrons, Trustees. The church is Norman, in bad condition; has a circular E end; and contains a monument to Mary Lane, who assisted in the escape of Charles II. at Worcester. There is an infant school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Manningford Bruce has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Manningford Bruce and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Manningford Bruce, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Manningford Bruce".