In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Tidworth like this:
TIDWORTH (North), a parish, with a village, in the district of Andover and county of Wilts; 2 miles SW of Ludgershall, and 5¾ NNW of Grateley r. station. It has a post-office under Marlborough, and an inn. Acres, 3,069. Real property, with Ludgershall, £4,133. Pop. of N. T. alone, 345. Houses, 68. T. Park was the seat of the late T. Assheton Smith, Esq.; had, in his time, a remarkable sporting establishment,-still commemorated in the Tidworth hunt; and occupies the site of a manor-house which gave rise to Addison's play of the "Drummer or the Haunted House" The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £266.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. Charities, £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Tidworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Tidworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Tidworth, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Tidworth".