In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton Fitzwarren like this:
STANTON-FITZWARREN, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; 3½ miles NE of Swindon r. station. It has a post-office under Swindon-Acres, 1,391. Rated property, £2,236. Pop., 205. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £174. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Trenchard. The church was restored in 1865.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stanton Fitzwarren has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swindon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stanton Fitzwarren and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton Fitzwarren, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stanton Fitzwarren".