In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Semington like this:
SEMINGTON, a chapelry in Steeple-Ashton parish, Wilts; on the Kennet and Avon canal, near the Mid Wilts railway, 2 miles E S E of Holt-Junction r. station, and 3½ N E of Trowbridge. It has a post-office under Trowbridge. Real property, with Littleton, £3, 308. Pop. in 1861, 427; of whom 160 were in Melksham workhouse. Houses, 60. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Staple-Ashton. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Semington is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Semington itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Semington in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Semington ".