In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushall like this:
RUSHALL, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 3 miles S S E of Woodborough r. station, and 3½ S W of Pewsey. Post-town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 2, 164. Real property, £2, 316. Pop., 224. Houses, 50. R. Hall is the seat of Sir E. Poore, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £390.* Patron, the Warden of Merton College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Baptistchapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rushall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rushall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushall, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rushall".