In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Doddington like this:
DODDINGTON, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands near the boundary with Notts, 3¾ miles S by E of Saxelby r. station, and 5½ W by S of Lincoln. Pop., 174. Houses, 30. The parish includes also the township of Whisby; and its post town is Saxelby, under Lincoln. Real property, £3, 501. Pop., 264. Houses, 42. The property is divided between two. Doddington Hall, a Tudor mansion, is the seat of Colonel Jarvis. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £180.* Patron, Colonel Jarvis. The church has a tower and spire, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Doddington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Doddington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Doddington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Doddington".