In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cattal like this:
CATTAL, a township in Hunsingore parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Nidd, and on the York and High Harrogate railway, 6½ miles ESE of Knaresborough. It has a station on the railway. Acres, 950. Real property, £1,891. Pop., 189. Houses, 40.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cattal has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harrogate. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cattal and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cattal, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cattal".